Terms & Conditions
Click to view our Membership Terms and Conditions
1. This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance by signing the Membership Agreement or clicking through the acceptance tab on the ONLINE platform.
2. Your membership starts on your selected start date.
3. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of membership chosen.
4. You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else.
5. Membership is charged monthly in ADVANCE and will be on or about the last working day of each month.
6. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time giving 30 days written notice.
7. myGym reserves the right to withdraw any product at any time giving 30 days written notice.
8. In the event of an unpaid account an ARREARS DEBIT ORDER will be processed the following month. An Admin Fee will be charged for any late or failed payments received.
9. In the event that any attempt to deduct the monthly payment fails, the full outstanding balance will become due and payable. After three months of unsuccessful collection of
payment, the membership will be force cancelled due to Bad Debt and a full Joining Fee will be applicable if the member wishes to Re-Join.
10. All members with unpaid accounts will be suspended from all member privileges. These will be reinstated once all arrears have been settled. myGym reserves the right to
hand over any outstanding debt to a collection agency of their choice for the collection of unpaid accounts which will incur additional costs.
11. All notices and processes may be validly served to the members’ residential address, which is hereby selected as the members domicillum citandi executandi. This address is
as stated in the Membership Agreement.
12. In the event of one or more of these Terms, Conditions, Rules and Regulations being unenforceable they will be regarded as removed and the remaining clauses are still
13. Refunds of incorrect Debit Orders or related fees will only be processed for a maximum period of 3 MONTHS. Please contact the finance department at firstname.lastname@example.org
should you have any queries about your payments.
14. myGym is authorised to store the members’ personal information.
15. myGym reserves the right to send the member operational messaging by whatever channel is deemed appropriate. Operational messaging relates specifically to the
feature/functionality of your membership.
16. Where the member has agreed, myGym reserves the right to contact the member with marketing-related offers from time to time. The member may elect to unsubscribe from
these communications at any point.
17. I and/or my estate hereby indemnify The Company against any claim by myself or any person arising directly or indirectly from my death, injury, loss, or damage suffered by
me or any person as a result of my use of the facilities or services, whether it be allegedly caused or contributed to by an act or omission by The Company, its directors,
employees, contractors, consultants and agents.
18. Members are required to conform to myGym membership Rules and Regulations at all times which relate to operating hours, use of facilities and conduct. We may make
reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided that we give you advance notice of the change. A breach may result in the cancellation of your membership.
New Addition from 1 January 2021:
19. All new members, will be treated as a 6-month contract which automatically renews onto a month-to-month option in month 7.
20. Cancellation is permitted during the six month period, however, the total value of the contract is payable or the outstanding amount on the remainder of the contract.
FEES, AFFILIATE PROGRAMME AND CANCELLATIONS:
21. The Company does not want you to feel bound by a contract. Therefore, your membership may be downgraded to the Affiliate Programme for a nominal monthly fee or
Cancelled, provided it is done in writing, giving 1 calendar month’s notice (i.e. from the 1st of the month), the myGym Affiliate Programme requires a 3 calendar month’s notice to
cancel. Notice of downgrading or cancellation must be emailed to email@example.com. Please retain a copy of the sent email for future reference purposes.
22. A Pro-Rata fee is charged on Affiliate memberships that are reactivated.
23. A Joining Fee will be applicable where the member has cancelled and later Re-Joins.
24. A member will be subject to an annual increase in membership fees of the Membership Agreement, irrespective of any changes that have taken place on the Membership.
myGym reserves the right to implement discretionary fee changes at any time.
25. Month-to-month memberships will incur a minimal “Freezing Fee”.
26. Normal Cancellation policies will apply.
27. Memberships serving their “Contracted” period will incur a minimal “Freezing Fee’. The “Contracted” period will be extended accordingly.
28. Monthly payments that fall into Arrears due to non-payment or Debit Order Rejections that are specifically due to Member Reversals will incur an additional Penalty Charge of
R250 – for breach of Membership Agreement and/or Contracts.
Click to view our Rules and Regulations
myGym Rules & Regulations
THE RULE BOOK
Everyone at myGym needs to abide by the rules laid out in this Rule Book. These rules form part of the membership agreement and form part of the Terms and Conditions of your membership. Your failure to comply with the Rules may result in suspension, cancellation, termination or expulsion from your membership at myGym.
These Rules apply to all members, guests, tenants, contractors, visitors and staff. If you believe that anyone is not adhering to these Rules, please let one of our staff members know. They will handle the matter on your behalf. While polite requests to other members are fine, please DO NOT attempt to enforce the Rules yourself as this may escalate the situation and cause further complications.
Consequences of not Adhering to the Rules
If you do not adhere to the Rules or are under investigation for not adhering to the Rules; we may, depending on the circumstances:
- Temporarily suspend your membership
- Ask you to leave the Facility
- Have you forcibly removed from the Facility
- Deny you access to the Facility
- Cancel, terminate or expel your membership
Changes to the Rules and Regulations
We may change the Rules from time to time. When this is done, the updated Rules will be accessible on our website at we will www.mygym.co.za, however, it is up to you to be on the lookout for any changes that may be implemented.
- Please ensure that you enter and leave the Facility punctually. Our operating times are displayed at the entrance to the Facility.
- Pets, other than guide dogs, for which you are solely responsible for, are not allowed inside our Facility.
- No weapons are permitted inside the Facility.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes is not permitted anywhere within or on our premises.
- No photographs or videos are permitted to be taken in the Facility without written permission from the Club Manager. We may use our Facility for photo shoots or filming from time to time. If you are in the Facility during these times, you consent to your image or inclusion in the film to be used in marketing or branding material.
- Under no circumstances are you allowed to sell or market any products or services to other members inside our Facility.
- You can access the Facility by using your unique hand key, which will be scanned when you first sign up. This will be done at Reception.
- We monitor biometric access with CCTV footage to ensure that only myGym members are gaining access to the Facility. Misuse of the biometric system may result in additional charges to your membership fees.
- We are entitled to make additional changes and/or cancel your membership under the following circumstances:
- you have allowed access to another person by allowing them to enter with you (known as tailgating), or
- you hold an access door open for them (all members entering need to use their unique entry pin or hand key)
Depending on the particular circumstances of each case, we reserve the right to take one or both of the following steps which are in addition to any legal rights we may have:
- Apply an additional charge to your membership fees (and increase your direct debit payment(s) accordingly) equal to the daily membership charge (that applied at the time of use) for each occasion for which your PIN or Hand Key was used by that/those individuals and/or
- In the event of a serious misuse of your PIN number/Hand Key, for example your PIN has been used on repeated occasions and/or by more than one individual, to notify you, via email, that we are cancelling your membership with immediate effect, and no refunds will be given.
- Your responsibility for another’s conduct: If we have reasonable grounds for believing that you knowingly granted another individual access or allowed unauthorised entry following your entry to the gym (known as tailgating) in addition to our rights referred above, we may hold you responsible for the conduct of the individual(s) while on our premises, and liable for any loss we suffer as a consequence of that conduct.
- If your membership fees are not in good-standing, or if your membership is frozen, or we have terminated/suspended/cancelled or expelled your membership you will not be allowed access inside our Facility.
Access Device: our security hardware device with built-in authentication equipment, issued or otherwise provided to you by us will enable you to securely access the relevant Facility in accordance to the Terms and Conditions of your particular membership.
- Members may utilize the showers for no longer than 5 minutes. This is to ensure that we are not wasting water.
- Only one member is allowed in a shower cubicle at any given time.
- No shaving is permitted in the bathrooms. this rule applies to showers and basins as well.
- Members may make use of the lockers, subject to availability and provided they use their own padlock and take their belongings with them when they leave the premises. No belongings may be left in the lockers over-night. These will be removed and placed in Lost and Found.
- Lockers are used at one’s own risk and we do not guarantee that valuables left in lockers will be safe. We also do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of personal belongings resulting from the use of lockers.
- If we have reasonable grounds for thinking that lockers are being used to store items other than gym wear, clothing or toiletries, we may open the locker (forcibly) and remove any offending items.
- You may not utilize the Facility whilst under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers, or any medication that may affect your ability to exercise safely. We reserve the right to remove you from the Facility for your own safety.
- Please use the equipment for its intended purpose.
- Please inspect the equipment before use and do not use a piece of equipment if there is an “out of order” sign on it. If you do notice something wrong with the equipment, please report this to a staff member.
- Please do not drop dumbbells or kettle bells. Failing to follow this rule can result in further actions and consequences being imposed.
- Please place weights back on the rack after use. Failing to follow this rule can result in further actions and consequences being imposed.
- Some of our equipment has time limits. Please stick to these so everyone gets a chance to use them.
- Only myGym-licensed Personal Trainers are permitted to train members in the Facility. Anyone else doing so will be asked to leave immediately and be held personally liable for any costs incurred.
- For safety reasons, bags are not permitted onto the training floor and correct attire must be worn when exercising. Exercising in jeans and/or open-toed shoes is not allowed. Men must wear a shirt at all times.
- A gym towel must be carried to wipe down equipment after use. This is not negotiable.
- You may not, under any circumstances, behave in an aggressive, abusive, ant-social or threatening manner towards any staff or member. Any instance of this will result in your membership being immediately terminated and myGym reserves the right to contact the Police if necessary.
- Members must arrive punctually for class start times, late arrival will result in being refused entry to the class.
- In group training areas, no other training may take place other than the class being offered. You may use this space for training if a class is not taking place.
- Please do not park in the Disabled or “Moms and Tots” parking bays unless you are entitled to do so. Failure to follow this will result in your wheels being clamped and a fine will be imposed.
- You will get 4 hours free parking by validating your parking ticket inside the Facility. In the event that the ticket machine is out of order, you can click the help button at the booms and let security know that you are from myGym and they will let you out. This is only when the ticket machine is not operational.
Although we have tried to be as detailed as possible and include as much as we can in these Rules, we are aware that some Rules may have been over-looked and not included in this version. In light of this, we have granted our staff the authority to address issues within this Rule Book, as well as issues which may have been over-looked. Our staff have the final say on the expected behaviour within the Facility. This Rule Book will be used as a guideline in any and all instances that require intervention.
We trust that you will have a great time training in our Facility.
Click to view our Website and Online Store Terms and Conditions
Please note that this refund policy does NOT apply to any membership options!RETURNS—-Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.Additional non-returnable items:* Gift cards* Downloadable software products* Some health and personal care itemsTo complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)* Book with obvious signs of use* CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened.* Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.* Any item that is returned more than 30 days after deliveryRefunds (if applicable)Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.Late or missing refunds (if applicable)If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Sale items (if applicable)Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.Exchanges (if applicable)We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Shop U115e, Greenstone Shopping Centre, 1 Stoneridge Drive, Johannesburg, GT, 1609, South Africa.GiftsIf the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.ShippingTo return your product, you should mail your product to: Shop U115e, Greenstone Shopping Centre, 1 Stoneridge Drive, Johannesburg, GT, 1609, South Africa.You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.If you are shipping an item over R500, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.